Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Awesome Pen :D

My pen and diary :)
I have an awesome quill ballpoint pen I completely forgot I had. It floated out underneath my desk the other night like it was destiny. I wondered how epic it would be to write my diary with a fancy pen and many thoughts of Hogwarts fluttered through my mind giving me inspiration, but unfortunately it was out of ink. I remembered when I purchased it one of the employees told me it was nonrefillable but I was determined to replace it nonetheless. I assumed the task would be simple but I was very very wrong.

 The first thing I did was gently pull the pen part out of the feather. Right away I noticed was how small the ink cartridge was and what luck I would need to find another one like it. I made a huge mess going through countless pens until i found a couple that might work. I took apart the first one I found and just carelessly jammed the cartridge inside the pen tip. It didn't fit correctly and on top of that the ink exploded out all over my hands and the floor! I made a huge fuss about not making stains that I ended up kicking everything around and losing the pen tip for a moment. 



I found it eventually and also some ink to refill my quill, but it still didn't work. I realized it was the actual pen tip. It was just scratching the paper and not gliding properly so I haphazardly cut the very point and replaced it with another one, trimmed the plastic part of the ink container, popped it back in the feather, and surprisingly, it wrote beautifully!



It took me a good ten minutes of scrubbing my hands using up half a bar of soap, another 20 minutes to tidy up room figuring out, and I probably have to chop off my nice long nails but it was definitely worth it!




My grubby little hands :(

No comments:

Post a Comment